Monday, February 11, 2013

EASY SIMPLE VALENTINE'S DAY DECORATIONS

I have to admit that I have been very busy in the last several weeks and decorating for Valentine's Day has been pushed to the back burner.  However, I was determined to not skip the holiday completely.  As you saw in my previous post, my son and I had fun making Valentine cards! Colton was so cute making them and we will definitely do this again next year.

Even though the last few weeks have been hectic in the Conley household, I really wanted to get a few decorations up before Valentine's Day was over. Here are just a few pictures of some of the decorations. I hope next February is less busy because I have so many fun ideas that I want to complete.

 
 
I found these absolutely ADORABLE mini metal mailboxes in the Dollar section of Target recently.  Seriously, these cute little decorations were only a dollar!! I love them because they make super cute decorations themselves without having to do anything to them.  I filled the top one with those little conversation hearts and one of my Felt Valentine Envelopes (find out how to make them HERE ).
 
I love the framed glitter heart picture the best, the above picture doesn't do it justice. I couldn't get a good picture with the sparkle because of the glass reflection. It's really sparkly in person.  I bought a package of glitter heart confetti at Michael's the other day. At the time, I wasn't really sure what I was going to use them for.  But when I got home I sat down and came up with a few ideas.  It was so easy to make too.  I took a piece of sturdy white cardstock and drew out a heart shape in pencil.  Then I just glued the glitter heart confetti one-by-one around the outline and then filled it in.  How simple is that?  It turned out super cute and looks adorable on my table next to one of the mini mailboxes. 
 
I found these pretty red and white frames (bottom picture) at Michael's as well. They were about $2 and came in several shapes and colors. I bought several more for future projects.  I couldn't resist for the price!  On the same trip, I found larger glitter wooden hearts in their Valentine's Day section.  I glued a heart to the center of each frame and voila! Another adorable decoration that was incredibly easy to make and cost almost nothing!
 
 
 
What would holiday decorating be without a wreath on your front door to welcome visitors to your home.  When my husband and I moved into our first apartment, my mother made me this super cute and simple Valentine's Day wreath.  It has been on my door every year since, and will continue to be.  She made this simple wreath with just a few supplies.  She started with a twine wreath from a local craft store and wrapped glitter heart garland around the whole thing to add some character and sparkle to it.  Next, she bought light pink heart picks from Michael's and cut the posts off of them.  She arranged them around the wreath and attached them with hot glue.  And finally she added some fabric roses to the bottom of the wreath to make it even more pretty!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment